Thailand School Calendar
The school year begins in May and ends in February, with a semester break from late September to mid-October. Most hiring is done during February and March, or for the universities, in early August. Schools in the provinces often close briefly during the local rice planting and harvesting seasons.
The following are public holidays in Thailand, when you may have time off from teaching.
- January 1: New Year's Day
- February: Magha Puja (commemorating the preaching of the Buddha)
- April 6: Chakri Day
- May 5: Coronation Day
- Mid-July (full moon): Asanha Puja (commemorating the Buddha's first sermon)
- Mid- to late July: Khao Phansaa (beginning of Buddhist lent)
- August 12: Queen's Birthday
- October 23: Chulalongkorn Day
- December 5: King's Birthday
- December 10: Constitution Day