New Jersey Casinos and Gaming Industry
The powers that be behind Atlantic City, New Jersey were determined to make their town a world-famous mecca for tourism. Billions of dollars and many thousands of jobs have been generated back into the city’s economy since 1975.
State programs for seniors and the disabled are sustained by $300 million dollars gleaned annually from a tax on casino gross revenue. In addition, the Casino Career Institute featured at the Atlantic City Cape Community College has prepared more than 46,000 students for employment in the gaming industry.
Atlantic City Casinos
- Harrah’s Atlantic City, 777 Harrah’s Blvd, (609) 441-5000
- Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort, 1000 Boardwalk, (609) 449-1000
- Bally’s Atlantic City Hotel & Casino, Boardwalk, near Convention Hall (609) 340-2000
- Showboat Casino-Hotel, 801 Boardwalk, (609) 343-4000
- Trump Marina Hotel Casino, Brigantine Blvd, (609) 441-2000
- Resorts Casino Hotel, 1133 Boardwalk, (609) 343-3119
- Atlantic City Hilton Casino Resort, 3400 Pacific Avenue, (609) 347-7111
- Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino, The Boardwalk at Missisippi, (609) 441-6000
- Caesar’s Atlantic City Hotel-Casino, 2100 Pacific Avenue, (609) 343-2455