Why You Need To Use Freelancers For Your Business
Did you know that your company can benefit from using freelancers? Freelancers supply you with high quality work with low costs and low risks. Freelancers might be the exact thing your business needs to be successful.
It takes a fair bit of effort to run a business. It’s certainly not a job for slackers. When you need something completed at work you can do one of three things:
- Do it yourself.
- Hire an employee.
- Contract a freelancer.
There is only so much you can complete in a day, so why not outsource your work. If you have a short-term project and you don’t need a full time employee that you’re stuck with, a freelancer is the ideal solution for you. Some of the world’s best talent are moving into the freelance world because of the work-life balance, flexible lifestyle, and easy access to work. That’s right freelancers are the future of the workforce.
5 Reasons Why You Should Let Your Employees Telecommute
Freelancers are independent contractors who specialize in things like blogging, press releases, logo design, website development, graphic design, photography, social media, and many other niches. There are very specific niches where freelancers excel. Why not use freelancers to fill the skill set gaps in your current employee workforce?
Let’s take a quick look at the benefits of using freelancers:
- Affordability – Freelancers work at competitive rates. Usually they work on short term contracts or on a per project basis. Since they are not employees you have limited overhead costs and ultimately a higher ROI. There is no need to worry about sick days, vacation time, or benefits. With freelancers, the price is right.
- Efficiency – Freelancers are hungry for work. If they don’t have work, they don’t get paid. This means they are keen to take a project and complete it in a timely manner.
- Flexibility – Freelancers are there when you need them to be there. They don’t work traditional 9 to 5 hours very often, but they still get the job done. The beauty of the freelance lifestyle is that they get to work when they want to work and where they want to work. They’ll come in to the office when necessary, but prefer to get the job done elsewhere. The key is that they get the job done on time and deliver results.
- Specialized – Freelancers are highly specialized in their niche. They excel at what they do and they bring that talent directly to you.
- Commitment Levels – When you contract a freelancer to do a job, you are committed to the terms of the contract. If the contract goes well, you have the opportunity to build an on-going relationship business relationship with them. If it goes poorly, it’s easy to move on. You won’t get stuck with a freelancer like you potentially can with an employee.
- Experience – Freelancers are typically highly experienced in their niche. Many leave high level positions after years of experience to pursue the freelance lifestyle. But more importantly, freelancers work with a variety of companies. They see it all. They know what works and what doesn’t work. Your employees cannot offer this type of experience.
- Hiring – It’s easy to hire a freelancer. There are thousands of freelancers out there eager to have the opportunity to work with you. Just get the word out and you’ll be swimming in options. You don’t have to train a freelancer, there is limited paperwork, and zero hand holding. Freelancers are focused on the job and they get the job done ASAP.
- Vast Network – Life is all about who you know. Every freelancer has a huge network of contacts including other businesses and other freelancers. Find one freelancers and they can probably refer you to another freelancer with a different speciality. Then you’re set up with an entire workforce of freelancing potential.
- Quality – Freelancers stake their reputation on their end results. If they do good job, it can lead to more work down the line via the same client or referral work. If a freelancer doesn’t perform and produce top quality work, they won’t last long.
The benefits of using freelancers are impressive, right? Are you ready to tap into the freelance marketplace? Freelancers can entirely change the way you do business.
16 Reasons Why People Quit Their Jobs
You can find high quality freelancers all over the place. Ask your network and check on LinkedIn. Post a job ad on a freelancer job board. Check out the Shared Economy. When you find a freelancer that gets the job done at the right price and in a timely manner, it’s like striking gold for your business.