How To Use LinkedIn For Recruiting Employees
What’s the most effective recruiting tool that you use? Most HR pros rely on niche job boards, professional organizations, or their career website. Perhaps it’s time to change the way your company recruits top talent. It’s time to tap into the power of LinkedIn for recruiting employees.
LinkedIn is the social network for professionals. It has a user base of roughly 500 million users. That’s a massive talent pool that you have instant access to with just a few clicks. No matter where your business is located, you’ll be able to find qualified professionals with the skills, experience, and certifications that you’re looking for. All you have to do is reach out to them.
How To Find Your Next Superstar Employee On LinkedIn
Using LinkedIn for recruiting employees is something that you need to take advantage of. It requires a bit of effort to learn the ins and outs of recruiting with LinkedIn, but it’s totally worth it.
To effectively use LinkedIn for recruiting employees, you need to use the following tools:
- Connections – Learn about the people who follow your company, but also take a look to see if you are “connected” to anyone who might be a good fit. It’s always easier to start a conversation when you have an introduction.
- Company Pages – Optimize your company page. Add a profile, description, and other important details. Get active with your profile and build your following.
- Candidate Pages – Professionals often use LinkedIn as a place to highlight their professional resume. It’s easy to browse through potential candidates to see their qualifications before you contact them. It’s also a useful way to screen candidates.
- Messaging – Try reaching out to potential recruits or stay in contact with people from your talent pool. The more relationships you create the stronger your network of talent will become.
- Groups – Be active in groups that are relevant to your niche and industry.
- Advertisements – Since professionals use LinkedIn, it’s a good place to post advertisements that target your ideal candidate.
- Search Functions – Are you looking for something specific? Use the search functions to narrow down your list of potential job candidates.
- Post Jobs – LinkedIn has its very own job board where you can post your listings.
As you can see, LinkedIn is a powerful tool to add to your current recruitment strategies. Many of these functions are totally free to use, but to make the most of LinkedIn for recruiting employees you might need to pay for the premium services.
Do You Recruit Using Social Media?
Whether you’re targeting active or passive job candidates, LinkedIn is a valuable recruiting tool to add to your quiver of sourcing channels. The beauty of LinkedIn for employers is that you can access an endless talent pool of people who might be perfect to hire.
Create your LinkedIn profile and start to explore the potential and reach that LinkedIn delivers. As long as you have Internet access, you can utilize the recruiting power of LinkedIn from anywhere.