These Hiring Roadblocks Will Cause You Major Headaches
Hiring is tough. There are so many variables in the hiring process that must be addressed. Finding and hiring the right person for the job is never easy. There are plenty of hiring roadblocks that can cause you major headaches – unless you know how to avoid them.
The hiring process is kind of like an obstacle course you might see on television. There are all sorts of tests and challenges that you must pass before you can reach the end. Of course if you can’t pass one of the roadblocks, you have to head all the way back to the beginner.
13 Pro Tips For Hiring Great Employees
If you’re a recruiter you understand this feeling. What if you could avoid the hiring roadblocks that are holding you back from making your next great hire? It’s possible when you know what to look out for.
Here are a few hiring roadblocks that you’re going to want to avoid:
- Don’t Know What You’re Looking For – Always have a clear vision of the type of person that you want to hire. Define the skills, experience, and the personality that is needed for a job candidate to be successful in this role.
- Searching In The Wrong Places – It’s easy to get tons of job applications, but that doesn’t mean you’re going to find great candidates. Target your ideal job seeker in the places where they are looking for jobs.
- Disagreements Amongst Team – When everyone on your team is on the same page, it’s easy to agree on who to hire. When team members butt heads and disagree, it can result in a long and drawn out hiring process.
- Job Ads Aren’t Attracting The Right Candidates – Writing a job ad that clearly defines the job and attracts top talent is essentially an art form. If your job ads aren’t getting the results that you want, stop and fix them.
- Overcoming A Bad Employer Reputation – Have you spent time developing your employer brand and creating a positive company culture? If not, it can come back to haunt you when you’re trying to recruit your next superstar employee.
- Not Offering Competitive Wages – People work because they need to collect a paycheck. If a job candidate can work for your competition down the road and make more money, they aren’t going to want to work for you.
- Trying To Find Something That Doesn’t Exist – It’s easy to picture the perfect job candidate, but it’s nearly impossible to find them. Set realistic criteria and be open to job candidates with potential.
- Too Many Things Going On – If you don’t have a dedicate HR pro to take care of the hiring process, it can be easy to get overwhelmed. Make sure you prioritize your tasks so that you can make the most of your time.
10 Essential Steps In The Hiring Process
Even when you avoid these hiring roadblocks, it’s not always smooth sailing. Stop by JobMonkey’s Employer Insights to get all sorts of hiring advice that will keep your team on track. Apply what you learn and you’ll be one step closer to perfecting the hiring process. Best of luck!