11 Simple Ways To Create An Eco Friendly Office
An eco friendly office is a something that every business and every employee can stand behind. Everyone should want to make the world a better place by going green. Is it time to make your office environmentally friendly?
Making your office space more eco-friendly is a smart move that can help to attract top talent, save your company money, make your employees happier, and make you feel like you’re doing your part to save the planet. Going green isn’t hard. In fact, it’s actually quite simple.
Here are 11 simple ways to create an eco friendly office:
- Plants – Plants help to filter the air that we breathe creating a healthier work environment.
- Green Cleaning Supplies – Green cleaning supplies are non-toxic and do not harm the environment.
- Reusable Coffee Filters – How many pots of coffee do you go through every day? Use a reusable filter and cut down on your waste.
- Go Paperless – In this digital age, send emails and documents digitally. Cut down on how often you print things to save trees and reduce trash.
- Casual Dress Code – Dressing casually can cut down on air conditioning costs in the hot summer months.
- Save Electricity – Turn off computers when not in use. Use motion sensors to control lights. Change to eco-friendly lightbulbs. Adjust display settings on your computer.
- Office Design – Rearrange your office. A new layout can introduce more natural light.
- Encourage Eco Friendly Transportation – Walking and biking to work is about as eco friendly as you can get. But if people need to drive reward them for carpooling.
- Buy In Bulk – If you need certain things regularly, buy them in bulk to save money, trips, packaging, etc.
- Hire Remote Workers – Remote workers will save you lots of money, cut your energy consumption, and make your employees happier.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – It’s more than just a common green saying. Apply these principles to your new eco friendly office. Set up recycling stations, reuse products whenever it’s reasonable, and reduce the amount of waste that you produce.
Go green. It’s good for you, your employees, and Planet Earth. Plus, it can save you money. It’s simple to create an eco friendly office if you try. Be sure to get your employees on board too. Make going green into a game with rewards, competitions, and more.
Are you ready to go green?